A look at the interesting stuff on the web so you don't have to.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Farewell Netflix!


This makes the trip to the mailbox sooo worth it.

Today was a sad day, I cancelled my netflix membership (mere minutes before they could bill me for another month) and also mere minutes before they shipped me out 2 more DVDs that were in my que that I now have 7 days to return :)

It was doubly sad because I associate Netflix with summer vacation...a time when the rental of videos is an integral part of finding relatively low-cost ways to stay amused and catch up on all those things you miss doing 60+ hours a week of school work. Netflix is hands-down one of the best ways to rent videos as long as you have the patience to wait a day to get the video you want instead of going for instant gratification. It also pays for a month of service within 5 videos, which if you're like me can be achieved easily inside of a week. You'll really never want to go back to spending $4 a pop at a video store and getting some scratched up DVD that you have to return in a couple of days and deal with running into ex's or people you frankly just don't want to see. Call it one more step to complete societal isolation, but I think it's something that is helping to keep the near-monopoly of the video rental business in a much-needed check.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My iPod is making me deaf too. Although now I don't need to listen to my wife's needless banter.

-Frank